The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Tinkering and Cutting


 

It is early, and I have finished my run.... but with it being Saturday, I have been thinking about what I and my wife and I hopefully will get to work on today (other than general house tidying that we always end up needing to do on Saturday).   Here are my basic plans:

1.  I am hoping to pick which instrument I have waiting to begin a refurbishing on.  I have a couple of old horns that I have found and plan to tear apart, clean, rejuvenate and rebuild.

2.  I am hoping my wife and I will begin the process she has wanted to do where we take a large array of my father-in-law's clothing that has been saved, and begin cutting it into squares for what my wife wants her and her sister and Mom to sew a few quilts using his clothing as momentos.   My wife has had this goal for quite a while, but because she keeps procrastinating about it, she has asked my help and hopefully the two of us together can keep up the motivation so this project can become a reality for her.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

Winter is the time for projects
the Ol'Buzzard

Saturday, 25 January, 2020  
Blogger Forsythia said...

May you make progress on the quilt project. Sounds like a loverly idea.

Sunday, 26 January, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home