The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

4150

I was thinking about my exercise a bit and realized I hit another "interesting" number.   Today marks the four thousand, one-hundred and fiftieth day in a row that I exercised by AT LEAST walking 5 miles each day!

And, on many of those days (especially during the last four years) the lion's share of my effort has been RUNNING (well, jogging).

This means that over the last 4,150 days, I have covered 20,750 miles (33,394 kilometers)!!!!!

My blood pressure when I checked it last week was 110/70, and my resting pulse rate when I woke up this morning was 58.  On the scale I weighed in at 173 lb (78.5 kg or 12.3 stone).

Being able to run is something I am so very happy that I can do!  In my wildest dreams back when I was at my heaviest, did I ever imagine being able to run.

PipeTobacco  

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Bravo!

Wednesday, 22 January, 2020  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Thank you! It is meaningful to me to reach a level of consistency.

Saturday, 25 January, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home