The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, May 03, 2020

From Mass Today


In the electronic Mass I was able to watch this morning, the following from the second reading really captured my attention:

When he was insulted, he returned no insult;
when he suffered, he did not threaten.


I know and understand the value and truth in those words.  I know that even if I am insulted, or hurt, or suffer, it is NOT right or appropriate or my place to insult back or to lash out a those that hurt me.  Knowing.... is a PART of what is needed from the above.... and I have that part down fairly well.  I KNOW what I am supposed to doBut.... the ability to DO the above is oh, so very much harder. 

It can be utterly exhausting.... physically, mentally, and emotionally to not lash out when someone hurts me.  But, it is worth it to be kind in place of angry... or at least neutral instead of angry.  But... I do not think it will ever be "easy".  It is damn hard. 

But, it is how I should always strive to be.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home