The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday Thoughts


A few general thoughts permeating my mind today:

  • I cannot fathom how any of the tRump base CANNOT now understand how wretched, foolish and horrible their preferred leader is after his dangerous and foolish suggestions that folks should a) use UV radiation inside their body to kill Covid-19 and b) use injections of cleaners and sanitizers to kill Covid-19 viral pathogens inside their body.  The lack of understanding basic science, the lack of comprehending how dangerous and life threatening those ideas are.  But.... I sadly *know* in my heart and mind that none of his rabid base will comprehend how dangerous this is either or if they do... they will not care.  
  • I just also read that tRump is refusing any Covid-19 aid for postal workers unless the postal service hikes rates.  This is so obnoxious it is beyond words.  Folks are currently locked into having MOST things they can get be carried by the postal service or UPS or FexEx.  He is just making things more difficult.
  • I am really looking forward to at least a few days without snow.  In my region, it appears that beginning on Saturday, we are having at least three days in a row where the low temps will be above freezing and the highs may even inch into the 50s (above 10 C).  
  • A routine I am feeling a loss about after these five weeks is my normal foray to travel across the county once a week and stop at the diner my mother and I ate at every week after my father passed away.  After my mother passed away, I kept going once a week for take-out and then would visit the cemetery where my mother, father, and now my father-in-law are buried. This restaurant had a wonderful salad bar and I also always got a turkey sandwich and some soup, just like I did when I would take my mother there.  I hope it will re-open once this Covid-19 situation is resolved.  
  • I am also very much missing attending Mass and receiving Communion.  I am very fortunate to be able to watch Mass every Sunday.  But, I so look forward to being able to be back in a physical way.  
I think I will likely have my next part of "Memories" on Monday.  

PipeTobacco


3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Cochrun said...

It astounds me that our errant leader has not be laughed out of Washington. I'm waiting for the news programs to begin covering him with a team of doctors to set the record straight and a few Psychiatrists and Psychologists to review the behavior.

Friday, 24 April, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Nice here today too. I don';t know for how long, but I receive it gratefully.

Saturday, 25 April, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

tRump is unbelievable. You think he can' away with that but he does every time!

Saturday, 25 April, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home