The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Susan Rice


With the idea that Joe Biden has already stated he plans to select a vice presidential running mate, specifically who is a woman of color, I would would very much like to have him select Susan Rice. 

Now, there are of course a variety of political reasons for Joe Biden's declaration of picking a "woman of color" a month ago.  I was not and am not really comfortable with that statement as a when it was made, even though I understand the political reasons for the declaration.  However, I much prefer the idea that he would select his running mate regardless of sex, color, orientation, etc.... and would select someone who is the strongest and best leader he can.  But, in politics, I know my preference is regrettably naive. 

But... Susan Rice.... I find her to be a wonderful, very robust potential choice for VP!  Her extensive foreign policy experience, her work as national security advisor, and her role as a diplomat all show very strong effort, very strong focus, and very strong productivity.  She has worked in both the Obama administration and the Clinton administration.  I think she will do wonderful work as a vice president.  And, if something unfortunate does happen to Joe Biden during his presidency, I have every confidence that Susan Rice would be able to be exceptional in the role of the presidency!

I know that Joe Biden is going to announce his running mate soon.  I am really, really keeping my fingers crossed that it will be Susan Rice!!!!!  I feel Susan Rice is a truly great potential VP irrespective of her age, skin tone, sex, orientation, or other affect.  She is simply.... exceptional.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

I totally agree, her past experience makes her the most qualified. She does have some baggage, but Republicans are going to attack who ever is appointed.
I would like to see Kamala Harris as Attorney General. I truly believe that she is intelligent and kick-ass enough to straighten out the mess in the Justice department left by Attorney General Barr
the Ol'Buzzard

Wednesday, 05 August, 2020  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I was reading somewhere that whoever he picks we all need to just be cool with it and move on. Picking it apart will only strengthen the opposition. We got to beat Trump. If Trump wins again I don't know what the hell I'll do. I would move out of the country, but because of what he has allowed for with our public health, no country will take us.

Wednesday, 05 August, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

She sounds wonderful - and he needs to get many people on board if he's to beat the yellow peril currently in residence at the White House. I think Biden is currently ahead in the polls but not by much. I still can't believe that people still think Trump is wonderful.

Thursday, 06 August, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home