The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 03, 2020

Mass Reflections


(Delayed post, was for Sunday.)

From Mass today:

"You who have no money,
come, receive grain and eat;
Come, without paying and without cost,
drink wine and milk!
Why spend your money for what is not bread;
your wages for what fails to satisfy?"


and 

 
"Taking the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven,
he said the blessing, broke the loaves,
and gave them to the disciples,
who in turn gave them to the crowds.
They all ate and were satisfied,
and they picked up the fragments left over—
twelve wicker baskets full."


Within the homily that our priest spoke of, combing parts of concepts in both of the above, he reminded me of how even though I (we) may have our own hurts, afflictions, and hardships, that we are called to, regardless, keep focusing on what we *can* do to help others, and to help to foster for other to the best of our ability, a better world, one that is in keeping with what we have faith in will be our eventual place.  

It is a very powerful idea and message.  I *should* and I *can* work harder to see beyond my own hurts, my own fears, my own sorrows.  Even though those will be with me, it does not mean I cannot be of help for others.  It does not mean I cannot still live a life where I strive to *be* better, and I strive to *help* others around me.  

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home