The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, July 27, 2020

Humidity


The humidity in my region is extremely high today, in the 90% range, and the temperatures are in the high 80s (~31 C).  It was interesting in my run today.... I actually went into the run with the following thoughts:

1.  I want to run to try to dissipate some of the hurt and disappointment I felt from some heated discussions that occurred within the family yesterday. 

2.  It was already rather harsh weather-wise when I ran at 6:00am (I slept in due to having a very rough night of sleep.).  The temperature was already at 79 degrees (~27 C) and with the high humidity, I knew I was going to be wet and uncomfortable pretty quickly even without a shirt on.  So, I thought that since I was going to have a rough time regardless, I might as well give it hell and just exhaust myself as much as I could.... it wouldn't feel any better if I just ran my normal pace anyway.

So, I ended up trying to do the fastest, most punishingly fast pace I could muster.  And, I actually did set a personal record for myself in my time for the 8.6 miles I ran (~14 km).  I was wet from head to toe.... every inch of skin and every inch of fabric I was wearing was completely wet.

It did help dissipate a little bit of the hurt and stress.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

There's nothing quite like anger to fuel a workout, and the beauty of it is that you feel better after it too. Clears your head. It's a way better strategy than drinking, but I still choose B sometimes.

Monday, 27 July, 2020  
Blogger BBC said...

Don't push yourself to hard in the heat. On the other hand, what the hell do I know.

Tuesday, 28 July, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Maybe the discomfort of the hot temperatures led to hot words. The weather is somewhat more seasonable today.

Tuesday, 28 July, 2020  
Blogger GaP said...

Professor...It seems to me that you are quite naturally a family man...with all the joy and grief that comes with it. For my own part, I thank the Good Lord Above or Wherever that I can dodge them more often than not.

Thursday, 30 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home