The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, January 18, 2021

Lunch Break

I am trying a new pattern today.  Because I am cyborging away most of the day, I figured I should plan a time to try to write here each day.  My thought was that I could try to expel my thoughts quickly onto the page while taking a brief work break to eat lunch.  I will see how this goes this week.  '

Basic Stats:

1.  Weighed 162 pounds (73.5kg) when I weighed in on Sunday morning.  I weigh in once a week to help me to see if I am maintaining consistency.  It is far too easy for a hefty guy like I used to be to move up the scale quickly.  I have stayed at a normal BMI now for a little over a dozen years.  In terms of consistency that is pretty damn good.  Especially for a fellow who once weighed very close to 300 pounds (~135 kg).

2.  I have ran between ~52-55 miles (~80-90 km) each week now for 10 straight months.  Before that I was in the 30 or so mile (~50 km) a week range. 

* * * * *

We ran out of coffee, so I did not have my usual three cups over ice this morning.  I miss its bitter flavor.  We did not have any interesting tea either.... just Green Tea, which I was not really in the mood for.  As I have alluded to in the past, I do not like hot beverages, so I always drink my beverages cold... and that includes coffee and tea.  And, while I very much like Green Tea over ice on a hot summer day, it just did not sound interesting this morning.  We had no orange pekoe or black teas around either and very sadly, no more "exotic" teas I occasionally indulge in that are more enjoyable either.  Just the Green Tea.  

My  wife does not like coffee or tea, so unless I am careful to put it on the "list" to buy, it is never thought of.   

I guess, I should get back to work.  I will conclude with a strange "pipe dream" I had last night:

My wife abhors motorcycles.  I actually think they are kind of cool... but I am too damn much of  a klutz to ever drive one, myself....... I know it would end badly.  In my dream, my wife decided to sell her van, and bought herself... get this.... a fully decked out Harley Davidson motorcycle, with flames on the gas tank.... and get this..... a BOAT MOTOR on the back..... for what reason.... who the hell knows.  I assure you I did not eat any really weird stuff before bed last night.   

Well, my wife parks this huge bike (with a boat motor) in the garage, but she is not particularly careful and the bike rolls slightly towards the garage door.  I am in the garage, smoking my pipe and fussing around with some small piece of lumber and  I am trying to use my jig saw on the material to make it into some doo-dad for one of the behavior chambers in my lab.  I decide to open the garage door to let in some more light and air.  Somehow the edge of the motorcyles fender catches on the lip of the garage door and as the door goes up it pulls the motorcycle and boat motor up into the air.  When I look back, I see the motorcycle hanging from the lip of the garage door.  Surprisingly, I am unperturbed, and just shake my head a bit, draw on the stem of my pipe and go back to working with the jig saw.  

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

A motorcycle someone should like they like a little bad action.
I like my morning coffee, straight up and black.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Tuesday, 19 January, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We're all different. I like my hot drinks, like coffee and tea, hot, and my cold drinks, like water, pop and milk, cold.

Tuesday, 19 January, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home