The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, June 28, 2021

Time-Space Shift


 

Following a hugely busy weekend where I became exhausted, I am now back into some semblance of routine today..... yet.... not NORMAL routine.  Due to the sheer exhaustion I have from physically working to help a family relative with an important celebratory party virtually all afternoon Friday, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday.... I was too damn tired, sleepy and sore to run this morning.  My work to help this party be able to occur involved me being a basic jack-of-all-trades during the two and a half days.  In order to help out, I literally ran myself ragged to try to be as helpful as I could.  Setting up and moving picnic tables, preparing food, picking up food, sweeping, cleaning, helping the less computer knowledgeable folks with last minute photography goals, etc.  I truthfully worked until 11:30pm on both Friday and Saturday on those sorts of tasks.... and much of the day Sunday.  I also worked mostly as a servant/server at the event itself.... just to help.  

So.... instead of running, I got up and started my U related cyborging and grading that I fell behind on during the weekend.  

I will have to find some time to put in the 10 or so miles today.  But now it is awfully damn hot outside.... but the heat is not the real problem.... it is incredibly sunny.... which is GOOD.... but it is a curse to me, because I would become sunburn as hell if I went running outside now..... possibly even with some sunscreen on.  I do not really want to run on the treadmill.... but it may be my best option if I do not want to have to wait until much later in the evening.

PCS today - right around a 6.  The desire is ramping up a bit.  

We may see an outdoor play later this week.  That would be wonderful!  

Not much else that I can think of at the moment.  Oh... well, on Sunday, I did my weekly weigh in like I have done for probably at least 25 years now.  I was at 162 pounds (28.1kg , 4.43 Stone).  BMI was a perfectly even "22" which is resting comfortably in the very center of "Normal".  I very much like that I am being successful in this consistency.  At my heaviest, many, many years ago, my BMI was awfully damn close to 40.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope your help was appreciated. For some reason, I have my doubts.

Tuesday, 29 June, 2021  
Blogger E. Rosewater said...

yer a lean mean running machine. ever think of joining us underachieving retirees?

Tuesday, 29 June, 2021  
Blogger Margaret said...

Your numbers are excellent and you've worked hard to get there, so kudos. Break days are important too. I'm taking more like a couple break months with my family here. I'm staying active chasing a one year old around, but it's not the same. Outdoor plays are wonderful!

Thursday, 01 July, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home