The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, July 15, 2022

Cyborging and Cleaning


 

With today being a bit hectic for my wife, I am digging in and trying to focus as much as possible on two big tasks to help me:

1.  I am cyborging a lot today.  I have an appointment with my textbook publisher for two of my courses... where they will help me integrate the "trendy" electronic gizmo resources with my "trendy" electronic classroom space provided by the U.  These are the same resources/assignments that had to be developed during the Covid lockdown, and I have students utilize them for their own benefit if desired, while I am already prepared in normal (traditional) lecture mode.  

2.  I am cleaning and sorting and hopefully damn near FINISHING the reorganization of one of my laboratories.  As seems to always be the case (at least with me).... dismantling and reorganizing a space always takes a helluva lot longer than anticipated.  I am not sure why.  When my wife and I planned and cleaned and reorganized our closet early in the Summer, I had estimated we could have it finished in perhaps two hours.  Unfortunately, it took all damn day!  It is the same with my lab I am reorganizing.  I was originally thinking I could get the new organization I wanted in this lab in the matter of perhaps 3-4 days.  It has now been perhaps 10 days of cleaning sorting, and all that annoying stuff.... with more to do.  BUT.... IT WILL BE MUCH MORE USER FRIENDLY for both me and all my student researchers when finished.  I can already tell that.  

I finished my 55 miles (actually 55.7 miles (~90 km)) for the week!  I can let my legs relax a bit during the weekend!

PCS score today.... "7".  On my drive to the U this morning, I began imagining the flavors, the tastes, the feel of stimulating my brain's nicotinic receptors with a large bowl of whisky-tinctured burley leaf in one of my larger bowled, full-bent briars.  I think that a part of my pipe cravings stem (haha) from my not recalling my dreams much still.  I have had only two times in the last several months where I remember a dream at morning.  It is frustrating as hell, too.  I used to reliably have dreams about pipe smoking that I now think ended up being soothing and helpful for me as I worked to refrain.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That re-organizing sounds like the most mundane, mind-numbing work.

Saturday, 16 July, 2022  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

That darn covid.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Saturday, 16 July, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

Trying to get everything on-line for Covid learning was a PITA for most teachers/professors I know--but has some benefits also.

Sunday, 17 July, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home