The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, January 16, 2023

MLK Jr. Day

Today is MLK Jr. Day.  While I am glad that Martin Luther King Jr. is celebrated in this way, I feel it is even more important to keep in mind ALL YEAR ROUND the important ideas of equality and inclusion of all people.  His work needs to always continue and needs to encompass all in a focus that has all people being understood to be important and their lives having value, importance and equality.  

* * * * * 

I had thought/hoped I would get to write a more extensive writing of my Chicago trip on Friday, but the intensity of focus and time needed at the start of the semester got the better of me.  It is coming as soon as I can muster up both the time and mental clarity to put the words to paper.  

* * * * * 

PCS = 7... oddly unwavering for the last many weeks.  I wonder why no undulations like before?  It has stayed at this moderately high/high level for at least 7-8 weeks.  

Ran 10 miles (~16km) this morning.  Fortunately the indoor track was open even though most other things were closed due to MLK Jr. Day.  It is indeed fortunate, as the weather outside was not conducive to running..... and if I had not been able to run this morning, I would have been damn horribly behind for the week.  

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Being retired, holidays creep up on me. When I worked, I was always very aware of them! Glad you got your run in. Bad weather there?

Monday, 16 January, 2023  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Actually, not all that bad for weather in these parts… no snow….. but it is only around 20 degrees. 20 degrees is “ok” to run in…. but we have been having high winds (~18-20mph). Running in strong wind is no fun anytime, but in the winter, it feels brutal, so I took the easy route and ran my 10 on the track.

Monday, 16 January, 2023  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Wait … you ave no snow? Reminds me of my decades in Sarnia. It is not the same in Ottawa.

Tuesday, 17 January, 2023  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

It all melted. We had a day of higher than usual temperatures and heavy rain.

Tuesday, 17 January, 2023  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

MLK Day is I suppose a bit like Christmas in that we wish the reason for it was taken seriously all year.

Tuesday, 17 January, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home