The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Unpleasant Day


 

Today has been an unpleasant day.

  • I felt "off" in all my classes.
  • A Departmental frustration has reared back into view again.
  • I am committed to participating in serving as Lector on Good Friday at our Parish at 1pm and now have also discovered I am supposed to participate in a 3pm Forum that was rescheduled for Good Friday back at the U.
  • My SIL and my wife both have been going yesterday and today to various sorts of medical appointments, all of which are nebulous and stressful.
  • I still have to write a complete exam still today for Thursday because the last time I taught this class occurred during COVID and when COVID started, I had to highly modify the exam in ways that are really not useful now.  And, the time I taught this course before COVID, I had used a different book the exam from that time period is unusable as well.

Other items:

  • Ran 9.3 miles (~15 km).  Woke up late and did not have time to get more mileage in.
  • PCS = 9.  Still frustrated at MY bus system failure for Des Moines.  I had been SO very much anticipating the rather freeing feeling of having a pipe there.
  • Anvilcloud logically asked in my comments... why didn't I take an Uber or Lyft?  Well, three factors came into play... a) I *thought* I understood the Des Moines bus system, b) Uber/Lyft are rather pricey, and c) my damn phone is full, and when I *tried* to download the Uber app a few days before the trip as a backup, I did not have enough available space.... and figured I would be "ok".
PipeTobacco
 

3 Comments:

Blogger The Blog Fodder said...

Sorry you had a bad day. Hope the medical appointments end up all clear for everyone. Making up exams is sometimes as hard as writing them my daughter says. She has to worry about students plagiarizing, buying papers on line and and using the new AI tech that writes nonsense essays for them. A few are there to learn

Tuesday, 04 April, 2023  
Blogger Margaret said...

John's phone is full too and he needs to figure out something since he loves to take pictures and play apps. Hope the medical appointments go well. And that tomorrow will be a much better day.

Tuesday, 04 April, 2023  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, that makes sense. I wonder how many taxis still exist? We’re in a town, so there are some taxis here still. In fact, I don’t think any Ubers operate out of here. But I could be wrong. I usually am.

Wednesday, 05 April, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home