The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

RUN..... Hopefully


 

I came to work at 7:00am this morning.  I had planned to run outside this morning (starting around 6:00am because I did not have classes at the U).  But, before I headed out, I took our dog out to do her "thing".  

And.... it was damn windy...... REALLY damn windy.  I looked on my weather app and found that winds were going to vary between 20-25 miles per hour (~30-40kph) for most of the day.  

I was not "up" to running a long, long run outside with that kind of wind.  So, I came to the U early and graded the needed tests and other work.  I am now going to try to run on the track indoors.  It is not very enjoyable, but it will help me keep my miles where they need to be.  

That is about it.  I feel tired and sad.  No real use in thinking or imagining much of anything at the moment.  I am in the "robot" zone.  I feel that I am just a damn robot.  I just do things to keep things going.  I am a cog.  That is it.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I'm sorry for the sad day. We are all cogs, trying to keep things going. It isn't very rewarding or exciting at times.

Wednesday, 24 May, 2023  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

what would you do if you just said fuck it and quit running?

Wednesday, 24 May, 2023  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Gee, it been a while since I start work at 7AM
Coffee is on and stay safe.

Wednesday, 24 May, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home