The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, May 12, 2023

Dichotomy

 

Brief today.......

  • Ran 9.4 miles (~15 km) this morning.  The "stormcloud" of my mind when I awoke was focused on the hurt I and my wife felt about the drama I no longer talk about here.  However, I hoofed and pounded my body as fast and hard as I could during this run.  It was beautiful outside.  I kept trying to steer my mind into thoughts that could turn around my mindset.  I prayed the rosary, I listened to music, I thought about pipes, I looked at the beauty around me on the trails.  I dissipated SOME of my anger and hurt.  But, not all of it.  I had hoped I could get rid of all of it.
  • I told my wife yesterday as we were discussing the hell I cannot talk about.... that I do not know why I am even trying to stay away from smoking my pipes.  What good is it doing me?  She was taken aback by my statement.  I think she feels similarly however, and that is why she is not even trying to do anything to control her diabetes other than her growing list of medications.  
  • I have been working diligently today to get all that I could possibly get accomplished for next week's classes done.  I have turned in an exam to my secretary, I have ALL lectures up to snuff, I have written to my students a) guiding them on how to succeed now that they have a full week under their belts, I have graded and recorded the first assignment they turned in yesterday.  
PipeTobacco
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I wish I could help with this thorny family situation, but I would urge your wife not to let her own health suffer due to the stress. That's a lose-lose proposition. The pipes I'm not sure about. But you don't want to mess around with diabetes. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this; I too have my family stresses even though my children are supposedly grown-up. :(

Friday, 12 May, 2023  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

May you enjoy a relaxing and stress-free weekend.

Saturday, 13 May, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home