The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, October 31, 2003

I have figured out how to have a counter on my site. With this I hope to see how (hopefully) traffic will improve.

If you read this blog and find it even mildly interesting, I urge you to sign up for notification of updates or comment on the topics of your choice.

Today, I had planned to play "hooky" from work a bit, and leave in the early afternoon to spend a couple hours in my favorite pipe shop. I had heard that a few new varieties of leaf were going to be available today. I was mentally salivating like Pavlov's dogs most of the morning while I thought of the adventure.

Unfortunately, I did not get to visit the pipe shop. As students are getting ready to register for January classes, I had a steady stream of students all afternoon (after my classes) seeking advice about their courses and their programs. It is helpful work, and it is nice to have that one-on-one time with the students, but after about 8 or 9 of them in one day, you get fairly tired. I did not get to leave until nearly 5pm and as such it was too late to get to the pipe shop (45 minutes away) and back today.

Maybe I will be able to sneak out tommorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home