The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

A grumpy morning.

I am grouchy and out of sorts this morning and I am not finding it pleasant. I dislike mornings when I wake up tired, and then the day starts to grind you down immediately. I am not sure even why I am writing a blog entry today, as hardly a soul seems to read or know about the blog. I wish I knew how to drum up large volumes of traffic.

Because I was in a bad mood this morning, I stepped onto the front porch to smoke my pipe and to try to shake off the mood with the frigid morning air. I purposefully did not wear a jacket, and instead sat in the old wicker chair in my pajamas and slippers. I spent roughly 20 minutes there, slowly nurturing and smoking my pipe, getting colder every minute (intentionally) and watching the earliest sliver of the sunrise peak over the horizon.

Often such a ritual will make me feel more centered and content. Today it did not. Oh well, such is life I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home