The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Just a short note this morning as I drink my 5th cup of coffee. The "snow cones" were very well received last evening. As usual, I waited until the kids were in bed before indulging. My wife was not interested in joining me in my quest to consume numerous snow cones, and instead sipped some rather pretty smelling, but bland herbal tea. We talked and fretted, and eventually cajoled ourselves into laughter even in the midst of our sorrows. It was a good evening. The gin, while not necessary, was definetly enjoyable for me, and helped me shed a bit more easily the tensions and stresses I had been feeling the last week or so.

Gin, the beautiful liquor that makes me feel as if I am walking through a pine forrest, is arguably my favorite liquor. It has a crisp, slightly harsh feel in the mouth and feels cleansing (unlike other alcohols that often are too sweet or too harsh) to the palate.

The 5th cup of coffee is to help banish the slightly bleary-eyed countenance I have this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home