The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Perhaps it is the lemming in me, or perhaps I feel a need to be one with others, or hell, perhaps it is because I am not in the mood for thinking, but I offer the following for my entry today.....

As an interesting experiment, please read and mimic the following set of instructions that I have seen on several sites thus far today. In case you wish to see the background to this project, follow this link:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

As directed, here are my findings:

1. The nearest book to me is "Endocrinology" by Hadley.
2. Page 23 discusses general classes of chemical messengers.
3. The fifth complete sentence is in a section subtitled "Steroid Hormones"
4. The fifth complete sentence reads:

"The adrenal steroidogenic tissue produces glucocorticoids (e.g., cortisol, corticosterone, and cortisone) and mineralcorticoids (e.g., aldosterone). "

It is rather interesting to see how and what others are reading (or at least have near them). It would be fun to see what sort of story could be created.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home