The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, May 22, 2004

.

MISSION: ORGANIZATION AND ACTION

As I continue to shake off the stress and frustration and chaos of the last two weeks (due to the illnesses in various members of my family), I have decided to take the bull by the horns and fix that which ails me. There is a television show (on I believe TLC... or perhaps it is HGTV) called Mission Organization, which has inspired me to turn this chaos of my life back into a serene life of hard work, hard play, serene pleasures and fun. The way in which I can accomplish this task is by working hard to organize myself.

In order to accomplish this goal, I have decided to get up earlier each morning and to use that time in effective work pursuits (such as writing, planning, researching). Hence you see my entry for today is early in the morning. I have been here working at my office since 6:00 AM on a Saturday morning! It has been good, and now I am planning to head home to eat breakfast and to work at activities around the home for my family.

The (additional) loss of sleep should be offset by the benefit of reduction of chaos. I am thinking I will now begin to average between 4 and 5 hours of sleep a night. This is down from my 5-6 hours prior to today.

I am going to leave you here today and head off to pick up a fresh pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh to accompany me in my home and yard work.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home