The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, April 30, 2004

When you are tired and figety, your productivity goes down to damn near zero. That is how I feel today. Oddly enough, even my beautiful morning pipe seemed dull and uninspiring. I should be grading papers and essays at the moment but do not wish to do that. I *could* go play hooky and enjoy gentle intoxication and ample robust tobacco leaf with my father-in-law but the thought of such pleasure does not rev up my spirits either. Do not get me wrong... I am not sad or depressed... I am just feeling listless and bored....and unmotivated to change these feelings.

It is akin to being MENTALLY quadraplegic.... I cannot move my soul, my psyche, my spirit, nor my intellect at the moment, so that I can improve my lot. I am immobile. Fortunately, mental quadraplegia is not permanent. How this gray, blah, indeterminate fog will lift will be anyone's guess.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home