The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

.
The Search is On!

Photo blogs are amazing and there are many of them. The beauty that so many people can capture with their camera is utterly amazing. Look for my favorite blogs to visit list to grow soon as I add a plethora of delightful visual blogs.

Why am I so enamored with photoblogs? I think perhaps, the explanation is contained within these reasons:

1. Photoblogs ARE art.
2. Photoblogs represent a more attainable form of artistic expression for everyone. Art often is difficult to find and difficult to immerse yourself in using the more traditonal avenues (museums, art fairs, etc). Please do not get me wrong, the traditional avenues are wonderful as well, but the photoblog offers an experience that is rich and beautiful but also easier (for many) to obtain. Additionally, the ability of the "everyman" to publish their art in this manner literally makes artistic expression available to anyone with an inkling of being an artist.
3. Photoblogs are fun surprises. You get this splash of color in expression that can change frequently.
4. Photoblogs are so different from my daily world of science and research that to gaze at a good photoblog is very soothing and rejuvinating to my soul.

Consider examing photoblogs. Again, I will soon add several to my favorites list.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home