The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

.
The Nargile or "Hookah"?

Details are a bit scant at the moment, but I am very excited to say that I will be going to a conference in roughly a week and that in addition to the research conference itself... which should be enjoyable, I believe that there is a nargile or hookah coffeehouse there. In addition, from what I have heard, it is an old-world, traditional nargile/hookah coffee house. I am terribly excited.

The nargile (sometimes called a "hookah" or a "hubble-bubble") is a large water-pipe that has been a traditional smoking device for gentlemen in India and the Middle-East for centuries. The pipe tobacco used in the nargile is exceptionally strong, powerful, and beautiful.

I shall hopefully know more details by Monday or Tuesday if I am correct in that there is a nargile coffeehouse in the area I am traveling to or if it is simply a pipe dream. If it is true, you can bet that this grey-bearded fellow will be parking himself in that hookah house for a few hours each evening during his stay!

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

similar to this web page your site is individual of my new favs.I like this website shown in addition to it has given me several sort of inspiration to have success for certain reason, so thanks.
Mini Hookah

Friday, 19 October, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home