The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

.
Back in the Saddle


After a hectic week of helping my baby brother (I am hopeful he will post soon.) following the birth of his second child (a son), I am finally feeling life settle back into a good routine. During the last 10 days or so, I have had ample travel time as I drove the few hours each day back and forth between my familial home and his. Other than teaching classes, the whole of the rest of my life was temporairly put on hiatus as he and his wife and young daughter needed extra help and assistance to help with the addition to their family.

Now, it seems, both parents, the young (~3 year old) daughter and new baby boy are doing well and are beginning to have their own managable routine in place. It is a delight to see the beauty of a new life and the expansion of a good family. Even though I sometimes talk about my baby brother being a bit timid at times, he is a damn good fellow and he has a wonderful wife and now two delightful children. It is a joy to see.

As for me, I am happy to be back into the reformation of my routine. My own herd of a family is well, I was able to eat a beautiful, home-cooked meal by my wife for the first time in over a week, I pleasantly vegetated in front of the television last night. Also, I was able to get back to my research yesterday and today. And, perhaps the most significant signal of the return of routine for me is that I had the (delightful as always) opportunity to bed my wife properly yesterday evening. After a long drought of nearly ten days, it was a true gift to me, and I am thankful to my lovely wife for her willingness and I hope my service was as much a gift for her. She made me fresh squeezed grapefruit juice this morning (instead of the typical bottled variety), so I believe I was successful in that venture.

Life seems wonderful. Let us hope the routine can again settle into this nice pace. Today, I shall attempt to return to my 5 mile walk as well (again, a 10 day absence) even though it is going to be cold with highs only in the 40s.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home