The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, May 05, 2006

.
Feeling the "Blahs"

With so little going on overall in any of the blogs I read, I do not feel particularly stimulated to write today either. However, here is a brief set of things I am currently thinking about and pondering over many pipes:

1. Dementia could be affecting an elderly member of my family and I am worried for her. I am going to just continue on right now and observe further.

2. I have many plans of things I could/should/would like to accomplish, yet I am not particularly energetic to pursue any of them at the moment. I have yard tasks I would like to work on, grant applications I could be writing, another class I could be preparing for, several books (both fiction and biography) I would like to read and several research articles and books I should be reading. Also, I should simply be more supportive and kind to all those in my immediate and extended family.

3. Physically, I feel "blah". I want to sleep, but that does not accomplish a helluva lot. I walked today but it did not provide me any vitality, and it was a tiresome chore only. My TMJ has been acting up a bit and I have misplaced the best bite splint I have for these times... the others I have are not as effective. My pipes are not as exciting as they usually are and I am not sure why. I have the opportunity to visit my elderly father-in-law for some fun today, but I do not know if I am motivated enough to go there.

So, that is about it for me in a nutshell. I was able to make a post (albeit boring) after all. At least that is a minor accomplishment.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home