The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, May 01, 2006

.
He Returneth!

I just received notification through my e-mail that my baby brother has chosen to write again on his blog, Lectures on Life. I had been after him on the phone and on e-mail to start his writing again, but it appears that my in-person cajoling at a birthday party yesterday finally did the trick.

Now, all I have to do is keep him writing.... and get him off his fixation on all things negative.... and get him to write about all the good things life has to offer... I guess that is a pretty tall order [grin]. But, hell, what are brothers for?

* * * * *

I spoke last week a bit about the grant writing I was fired up about. Well, thus far, I am now wading through grant opportunities for 10 very different but good agencies that are pretty well aligned with my background and experiences in rodent research. I am working on narrowing the focus down to the top two or three I wish to focus my writing attention upon for this grant cycle. It would be lovely to win a windfall for my lab students and myself.

* * * * *

As you can likely imagine, my elderly father-in-law and I had a helluva good time on Friday! The new leaf I found at the tobacconist was a variation on the raspberry theme, in a blend of virginian leaf. There was a hint of a cinomon-like spice also mixed with the leaf. Both my elderly father-in-law and I found the leaf pleasant but underpowered (as is true for all virginians). As we worked out way through a fifth of Canadian Club, we switched over to more hearty standards of leaf for our pipes. A grand time was had by all, and it was the perfect way to celebrate the end of the semester.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home