The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

.
Update and This Week's Thanks

1. My elderly mother is holding steady. She is still not doing great, but she is also not getting worse at the moment. Thoughts and/or prayers for her return to health are greatly appreciated.


2. My Saturday Thanks:

a. Abbagirl74 - Your kind and heartfelt words are ALWAYS greatly appreciated. You have become a highly valued friend and I look forward to your comments greatly. Your comment from yesterday (Friday) gave me special pause to think and shall be a major impetus for my essay on Sunday. Thank you for the inspiration!

b. Amy - Thank you for the hug and the coffee. Both are very appreciated. "You're damned if you do, damned if you do not"... is very appropriate. I have begun to think and wonder (and actually dreamed one evening that all this was caused by a voodoo man who cursed me) about it.

c. austere - I have really enjoyed your comments. Do you really feel there is that much of a difference in familial relationships between Asian and American families? I would really enjoy more of your impressions.

d. G@P - Thank you sir. I miss your comments. Yes, the posting you refered to was by far the most comforting of the week.

e. Laurent - Very comforting and philosophical words. In the first part of your comment, I find several points worth addressing my my essay tommorrow. As for the pipes... I have many, many varieties and the same is true for tobaccos... and I love to talk about them all. So, thank you sincerely for the pipe questions... it will nudge me enough to want to write about them again and.... I promise to have at least one pipe oriented episode next week

f. Lisa - Thank you so much for your prayers. I hope both you and I can someday see a just health care system.

g. Plark - Thank you for continuing to drop by, sir. I look forward to more of your writings as you go to this newest work opportunity.

h. Sean - Thank you very sincerely for your thoughts. To know that you care enough to think and wish me and my family well makes me feel a bit less burdened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home