The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, October 09, 2006

.
Attitude

A person's mood is set through two very different set of criteria.... one part is determined by external forces, the way people treat you, the weather, etc. The other part is determined from within.... the internal mood is one that we often can choose.

Sunday was a lively day, physically and emotionally. Physically, I DID finally work on the garage. I had also filed and sorted damn near one whole file cabinet of journal articles. People around me were both in grand moods and in poor moods. I was able to successfully navigate these varying ranges of moods, emotions, and excitements well... and kept my own self on an emotional even keel. If I were to rank my own mood and feelings on a scale of 1-10 (with 5 being average), I would be glad to report my own emotional state stayed a steady 7. Not damn bad at all!

I am feeling good about the inclusion of the philosophy of "I cannot change others, but I can change myself." Neither my gut nor my psyche were on a roller coaster ride today. It has been good.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home