The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

.
To Be A Dad

Relationships are vital to the formation of whom we are and who we have become. I think that the most challenging responsibility I have in life in terms of relationships is that of being the very best Dad I can be to my kids. Please do not get me wrong, my wife is my loving partner and I cherish every fiber of her being. I also love dearly my own mother. And I love my siblings enormously as well. Yet, it is the relationships that I have with my kids that I think that has the most influence. Parents are the vital to the development of who kids become.

The reasons for this are multifaceted but revolve around my responsibility for bringing them into this world. No matter how old they become, I will always feel a need to be an available guide for them and a desire to help them become as happy and wonderful as they can be. It is likely I learned this deep respect of the responsibility of being a Dad from my own beloved father. His calm, quiet, conjovial demeanor was one that really helped me to grow into who I have become. I hope I have been and will continue to be as nourshing to my own children as my own father was and still is (sadly, in absencia) to me.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home