The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

.
Exhausted, But Relieved (Currently)

As I stated, my mother was released late in the evening on Wednesday. I have been on the move, virtually non-stop since Wednesday morning. Many good and many bad things have happened. Here is a brief list:

GOOD

1. I was able to get 6 letters of recommendation written for students applying to various medical, professional, or graduate schools.

2. I was able to get my mother home, although it was rough, and have gotten all her medication, and other needs in order.

3. I was able to get my mother out of bed, weighed (required to assess her condition), and got all of her clothes and other materials ready for the day and still was able to get to my 8 am class (one minute early).

4. I was able to get the outdoor Christmas decorations finished and hooked up to electricity before the big snow hit. I had plans to have these up and ready to go on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but my mother's ailment precluded this effort.

5. I was able to eat a healthy diet, even though stress usually causes me to consume all sorts of crap that is not good for me (Fritos, Peanut Butter Cups, cans and cans of peanuts, cans and cans of mixed nuts... these are my food crutches).

6. I was able to get a multipage document written for the state academy upon which I am a memeber of the executive board.


BAD

1. My sister was "under the radar" in terms of helping me get mom home. This necessitated me to have to run around in an insanely chaotic manner to get my classes done and at the same time get to the hospital. My sister eventually was reached and was coerced into having to help.

2. I have had roughly 3 hours of sleep last night.

3. I still have 100 plus papers to grade.

4. I have absolutely no energy or ambition.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home