The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

.
A Break From Worry

My mother continues to be stable.

In an effort to post something more interesting, and perhaps more insightful about myself, I have borrowed an idea from wonderful Austere and decided to put my own spin on it. I hope you enjoy this and learn more about me through this list. I also eagerly look forward to your comments:

Three Things

3 Things that scare me: death, loneliness, exile

3 People who make me laugh: Robin Williams, David Letterman, George Castanza

3 Things I love: my family, my family, my family.

3 Things I hate: administrators who dictate instead of nurture, people who do not listen, people who attempt to destroy joy in the hearts of others.

3 Things I do not understand: the "value" of calculus, why some people literally hate science and scientists, what the meaning of life is.

3 Things on my desk: 150 papers to grade for my introductory students, my endocrinology textbook, my beautiful, full-bent, Peterson pipe that is walnut colored.

3 Things I am doing right now: reading, writing, smoking my pipe (not the Peterson).

3 Things I want to do before I die: travel to Russia, hike and camp in the mountains in the Western US, publish a novel.

3 Things I can do: play the bass clarinet/tenor sax, build a patio/deck, cook gourmet food.

3 Things I cannot do: play the french horn, stop worrying, resist chocolate

3 Things you should listen to: Sarah Vaughn, Barbra Streisand, Beatles

3 Things you should never listen to: Howard Stern, Jay Leno, Deal or No Deal.

3 Things I would like to learn: to grow GOURMET pipe tobacco, French, how to use Adobe Photoshop.

3 Favorite foods: curried dishes, macaroni & cheese, burritos,

3 Beverages I drink regularly: coffee, water, diet Pepsi

3 Shows I watched as a kid: Dobie Gillis, Captain Kangaroo, Leave it to Beaver

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home