The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

.
Angry

I am angry as hell. There is no other way to put it. My mother refuses to listen to me to go to the Quick Care facility to get antibiotics for a respiratory infection she has. She says she is fine.

This from a woman who has bright yellow mucous that she coughs out, who is on oxygen, who has congestive heart failure and who has COPD. I want to pull out my hair and bang my head very forcibly against a cement wall. Instead of going tonight, when we might be able to do the trip in two hours or so, my entire day Sunday will be spent with this, as it is much more likely that she will be far more sick and may need to go to the damn emergency room.

I feel like picking her up and forcing her into the car and forcing her to go now. It infuriates me that she will not listen. It angers me beyond belief.

She may not even go on Sunday, she will keep saying she is fine until then it is Monday or Tuesday and I am suppossed to be at WORK doing WORK, and I will have to scramble around trying to do two hundred million things at once and running into class without even thinking about what I am suppossed to teach about for three hours.

I feel like I am going insane. Why will she not listen and act reasonably?

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home