The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

.
Malaise and Lethargy


I apologize, especially to Mago, about the lack of posts recently. I have simply been feeling out of sorts... tired, moody, and mostly just extremely lacking in time. I am not sure what is happening, but it seems that I am in a period of time where I have simply run out of time for me to be me. I get up, and immediately I am inundated with task upon task upon task before I can begin to prepare to go to work. Then my drive to work is filled with tasks, primairly praying the Rosary, in an attempt to find a center. Then immediately upon getting to work, I am innundated almost non-stop with requests for help, assistance, "very pressing" needs from students and other faculty. This goes on non-stop until I pry myself out of the the science building and head home. I have a very brief respite, as the drive home has become the first time of the day and sometimes only time of the day when I have a moment to smoke my pipe, but that is also typically rushed and harried as I often leave far later than I intended and feel compelled to try to get home as speedily as I can. At home, the tasks and needs of the family return and typically continue until nearly 10pm. At 10pm, probably 75% of the time, I am "done" and can relax for an hour before more tasks present themselves and then I usually head to bed by 1am.

Please do not get me wrong. I am not trying to complain. I just simply do not understand how my life has become such a hurried, harried, event where I can never seem to feel "caught up" with tasks. I have adopted a model of simply getting anything done to the bare minimum.... including preparing for class, simply because I cannot seem to eek out anymore time.

I do not know if it is my circumstances or if it something organically wrong with me, but I seem to have absolutely NO time to regain focus.

I miss that and have been striving to figure out how to find it again.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home