The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, February 19, 2007

.
Surgery

Today, a close relative had an outpatient surgery. It was a bit stressful and I am exhausted from the ordeal, but happily everything went well.

I need advice from anyone who regularly uses NETSCAPE. I have been traditionally a NETSCAPE user for my browser because I have liked its speed and function better than Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, the last two weeks have been very challenging for my ATTEMPTING to use NETSCAPE. On four different machines (two I use heavily, one I use moderately, and one I use seldomly) I have run into the same exact problem each and every time:

NETSCAPE will load and function normally initially, but then when I go to a site and scroll down a page or click on a link in the page, NETSCAPE will FREEZE and not proceed. It will not allow me to close the program using the red "X" in the upper right hand corner either. If I am patient, and wait roughly a minute or two, it will unfreeze, but if I keep trying to scroll or push the red "X", the damn "not responding" phrase shows up and basically the screen goes white and everything is shot to hell and back.

I do not get this happening with Internet Explorer. But I still would prefer NETSCAPE as it has my bookmarks, etc. And NETSCAPE had been (up until these two weeks) much more reliable and faster.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I cannot imagine it being a virus or spam as it has occurred over 4 machines. I would like to resolve the issue and have my NETSCAPE back.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home