The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 27, 2007

.
New Start of The Academic Year

Well, I have returned after a few days away and hope that perhaps all three of you readers may eventually return here as well. Today is the start of a new semester here at my University and I am looking forward to the new faces, the return of the old faces, the goals, the discussions, the interactions and the camaraderie.

I am also on a mission to accomplish more in life. I set my alarm for 5:30am... I groused a bit however, and ended up getting up at 6:00am... still a good start. I went out and walked for an hour, and then proceeded to go to the campus gym. I showered and shaved (my neck), dressed in my work clothes (khakis, button down long sleeve shirt, tie, sport coat, pipe in pocket) and arrived in my office by 8:35am.

Hopefully it will be a good day. My only issue at the moment is that I am still feeling a bit hurt at what seems to be an intentional shun of me by a person I had thought was a friend. To keep the anonymity of this individual, I shall now call him "B". I used to think he was a very good Internet friend. I do not know why he seems to have "blown me off" in the last several months. Oh well. I should learn to forget about him.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home