The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

.
61

A surprise post from me on a Sunday, but I wanted to mention that today would have been (or actually is, but neither of them is here to celebrate it) the 61st anniversary of the marriage of my mother and father.

I miss them greatly. I sincerely do. When you are young, even if you understand death and the passage of people from life into death and even if you fear it for yourself and for your loved ones, you typically do not have a complete understanding of how wrenching it is when you lose nearly every important living tie to your formative years. The sense of isolation is palpable and profound. You feel that half of your life is no longer tangible, that there is a horrendous severing from what you knew and loved.

I am going to light a candle for them at the parish on my way home today. I made an early start of it and went to my lab to tidy a bit. I attended Mass on Saturday, so I will only briefly stop in between scheduled masses for the day.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home