The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 13, 2007

.
Too Damn Much

I have been meaning to write about this subject for a while now, but it was not until my last nerve on this was rubbed raw last night that I decided to go into action. I think there is far, too much cursing and extraordinarily foul language that goes on in day-to-day life in much of modern society.

The two MOST offensive and overused words that fly out of people's mouth are the words: the term for copulation that begins with the letter "F", and the second most common vile word that is used by the masses is the term that originally meant a female canine who had produced a litter and begins with the letter "B".

I do not know why or how so many people use those above two words virtually every other word in how they speak. Where I reached my limit was in watching an idiotic program called "Big Brother" that is on CBS. Last night, the vile, wanna-be rocker, idiot, named Dick (how wryly appropriate) Danato let loose a vile spew of words in which he rudely denegrated nearly everyone in the house.

Now, please do not think I am a prude or an old fuddy-duddy. I know that cuss and curse words are a part of life. However, I feel that their use should be minimized as much as possible. Crude and rude words make for a crude and rude life and society. In my own life, I use only three curse words, and use them very infrequently and only to pepper speech with an explicative. The three words that I use on occasion are "hell", "damn", and "b*llsh*t". "Hell" and "damn" are relatively mild cuss words, and the more emphatic "b*llsh*t" is still rather mild. I purposefully use "*" in place of the vowels in my written speech because for that cuss word, I feel it needs to be toned down a bit in written form. I also find it rude and appalling how so many blogs are similar to Dick Danato, and SPEW curse words left and right. Again, occasional use is warranted and each of us needs to find his/her own comfort zone in writing or speaking... but I feel most speakers and many blogs use such words FAR too often.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home