The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

.
Screwing Up the Courage

I have been avoiding it for a long time, but I have forced myself to again start working on some of my mother's finances. There isn't all that much left, mostly a few errant bills that keep floating in and then the dividing of her remaining funds. But I have been avoiding it, for it makes me sad. Sad that she is gone, sad that once these minor tasks are done, I will have no further way to help her. Sad that another tie will become severed in my link to her.

I have started also a scrapbook, not of photographs of my mother (she despised having her photo taken), but of the various bits of papers and notes that she wrote to me or me to her over the years. I feel more connected through her notes when I find one scattered around the house than in many other ways of late. I also have her social security card for placement in the scrapbook as well as her medicare card and various other items.

I do not know what else to do.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home