The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

.
Antsy & Irritated

Not a great deal to report at the moment. I feel antsy and irritated about life. I am feeling a lack of control of my own time because of a myriad of students who are needy and demanding. Part of me wants to be gruff and obstinate towards them, the other part of me wants to try to meet their needs. Either position, though, is aggravating to me. If I put on my gruff and my "dig-in-my-heels" obstinate face, it is emotionally costly and if I try to meet their unending needs I feel abused and buffeted by a chaotic series of winds.

I wish I did not feel the pressure I feel right now.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home