The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

.
Quiet New Year

It would have been a helluva lot more fun to say my title "Quiet New Year" was needed because I was recovering from a rip-roaring good time at a New Year's Eve party, and that I was sitting with an ice pack on my head. But, alas, that is not the case. I am simply trying to start the new year in a plain, calm fashion. My goals are simple and managable, and consist of the following:

1. Work on continuing with my healthy diet choices. Other than a four day spurt around the holidays, I have been very good at eating well since roughly July. I like how the increases in vegetables and fruits, the increases in water, and the decreases in "junk" foods make me feel.

2. Work on improving my consistency with exercise. Since July, I have been quite a bit better than I typically am about consistency, but I have ample room for further improvement. This is perhaps my most important goal, but the one I will have the most difficulty with. Not the being able to do the exercise, but with the consistency.

3. Continue to reduce my consumption of tobacco. A worthy goal.

4. Continue to work at being kind to others.

5. Continue to work towards a life of greater service.

6. Work towards letting me not be so governed by my emotions as I have been the last ten months. I am hoping to channel the energy and thoughts of my sad emotions into something positive and helpful.

7. I wish to write more letters to the editor... locally and in the state paper and the national papers I read.

Overall, a reasonable list.

PipeTobacco

P.S. Mapiprincesa... I can talk to you about several aspects of the disease you are dealing with, but perhaps the most important thing I need from you is an indication of whether the stage of discovery is early or late (late meaning having spread to bone and cartilage). With this information, I can be of better assistance to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home