The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, January 18, 2008

.
A Calm Clam

It has been another pleasant, average day. Work went as smoothly as a fine German clockwork. I felt I delivered my lecture in a way that was innovative and stimulating for the students. My research students were able to follow my directions today in a very careful, yet independent manner. The seminar lunch session was raucous and fun. Dinner this evening with my sister was quiet, peaceful, and filled with mirth. My wife looked beautiful today and was happy as well. On the way home from dinner, I visited my mother's grave and did not feel the pit of sorrow, but instead simply felt my love for her and her life.

It was so comforting and average. No sorrows. It felt so atypical.

If my meetings go well during the day, Friday, I may call up my elderly father-in-law and see if he would like some company again in the afternoon.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home