The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

.
Light At The End of the Tunnel & Day 234

I have been away from posting the last few days because of an exciting grant opportunity that has come my way. The challenge is that the grant had a VERY tight deadline (It is due this Friday... roughly only a two week time frame from announcement to deadline.). Yet the chances of obtaining the grant are much higher than average (probably as high as 25%). Most granting agencies receive so many applications for research monies that at best the award rate may be between 3-5%, so this was not an opportunity I wanted to miss. The grant itself is a smallish grant (in the neighborhood of $10,000), but with it I would be able to fund summer employment for two of my research students, buy two small pieces of equipment my lab needs, and purchase some animals. I am going to get the submission in electronically today, and will keep my fingers crossed.

Today is day 234 in my walking journey. The physical effort of walking is a very important part of my daily routine now, and I look forward to it probably 90% of the time.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home