The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

.
Day 303

My walk today was my 303 rd day of consistency at walking. It is now such a routine that I am beginning to not even think about it that much. My wife gave me a card on Saturday to celebrate (day 300). My kids drew pictures. It was very nice.

Home renovations are going very nicely as well... at least in terms of their looks. The SPEED of the renovations is slower than I would like, but my own rather plodding and meticulous method of doing home improvements along with a hectic work schedule of teaching and research both have NOT facilitated my "Speedy Gonzales" style behaviors.

Thus far I have three bedrooms repainted (with stripes and new chair rail). I have patched and plastered walls in the living room, family room, and two of the bathrooms in preparation for painting. I have installed new molding on several doors. And, I have purchased a helluva lot of new picture frames and am gearing up to cut matte boards for all of them to start framing up photographs and other decorative images.

My wife and I have been shopping around for a new couch for our family room, and a sofa table for behind the couch in the living room. We have also been shopping around for various metal and iron-work decorative pieces to dress up the walls as well.

So, overall, I seem to be out of my malaise a bit and am geared up for working hard and enjoying life. And, a special note for "Mr. Me" from yesterday's comments... again, I apologize that you find my life dull, especially my pipe smoking habit. But unfortunately that is who I am. You may find greater enjoyment reading elsewhere if all I elicit in you is annoyance.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Anonymous basement remodeling va said...

I found this cool post here, thank you

Saturday, 29 September, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home