The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, October 02, 2009

.
Hedonism

It may be rather late in the game for me to think this or realize this. Actually, I have always known this and always feared this. All of you who have read me for any moderate or longer length of time realize this is a huge part of my make-up.

Yet, here it goes. My thoughts currently have been revolving about the real possibility that I could die at any second. My wife could die at any moment. My kids could die at any moment. The moment of death could be lurking around every bend. It is an oppressive feeling of fear and dread.

With the above idea growing in awareness at the forefront of my mind, I ask myself, what the hell am I doing with all the crap of work, the crap of politics, the crap of crap? It is all, utterly stupid, and I am a foolish idiot to be even mildly concerned with any of it. I should be purely hedonistic, seeking out the pleasures of life and seeking out those same pleasures for my family. They are my universe. Why do I give a sh*t about work?

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home