The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 23, 2009

.
Update & Note to Cormac

I apologize to all for being away for such a spell. The attending deer camp did work some magic on me, for I feel better than I have for a spell. That said, the reason for my continued absence has been due to two factors:

1. Unfortunately, this is the most hectic and harried time of the semester. Coupling this to an enormously busier semester than usual, and I unfortunately let it get the best of me time-wise. I have really been doing little other than getting through tests, exams, book ordering decisions and the like every since I returned from deer camp.

2. I also had a new, looming grant deadline that I met today. It is a grant I feel I have a good shot at... one for some science education work I wish to explore. It is only a small grant (roughly a bit over $15,000) but small or large, all grants require a helluva lot of busy work and running around all over the hinterland.

So, now that the grant is finished and I have found new footing with all the work related deadlines, I wanted to get back on here to talk with all of you. I hope to now incorporate greater consistency in my frequency of writings for the whole of December in an effort to feel comfortable in setting a new goal of 365 consistent days of posting in 2010.

A final note to Cormac... thank you so much for the advice on how to get my blog up to snuff in regards to having the widget work. When I am feeling a bit more daring, I will try out your advice.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home