The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 30, 2009

.
Lets Talk Turkey

I hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. I was fortunate to have FOUR wonderfully relaxing days of family and fun. I hope the respite will give me adequate stamina to finish out the semester with a joyous flourish instead of a grumbly, grudging stomp of the feet.

I am also another year older now, and of course another year grayer in the beard, mustache (and hair of course). I keep teasing my wife that I am going to borrow some of her Nice & Easy and "brown" myself back up. But, actually, for the most part I enjoy the gray. Actually, I am all sorts of colors and always have been.... my beard and mustache made me look a bit like a calico when I was younger.... some brown, some red, some blond, even a little bit of black. I still have those five colors, but in lower quantities... gray is more prominent than the other five colors.

There is no Flash Fiction this week, as the creator, Cormac Brown, thought it best to have the starter sentence contest during Thanksgiving week. I agree... and look forward to writing and reading stories anew next week.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home