The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

.
555





Although a moot point currently for two reasons, I am reminded of the pizza chain that had been proclaiming its $5.55 pizza deal in an almost alarmist fashion over television, radio, and who-the-hell-knows where else a few years ago. Well, yesterday was a sort of similar event that I should have also proclaimed in as bellicose a fashion:

Yesterday was the 555th day in a row in which I walked 4-5 miles EVERY DAY. For long time readers, you may recall that this pattern of consistency in exercise was in no way the norm for me. You will also recall that roughly a year ago I attained a normal BMI reading through this effort (having lost approximetely 70 pounds).

Walking (and sometimes now even jogging) has become an integral part of my life. I hope to make the next several milestones without missing a day as well. Even though I am still often stressed as hell, I believe the walking is a major factor in helping me cope and reduce my stress and anxiety.

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caramba!
I am really impressed.

Wednesday, 31 March, 2010  
Blogger austere said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.


You're an inspiration!

Of the pizza, I can have one leetle bite. Then skip dinner.

Thursday, 01 April, 2010  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations on the walking. You must live in one of the milder climate zones to manage that in winter.

Friday, 02 April, 2010  
Anonymous Martha said...

That is just fantastic. As someone who can find every excuse in the book to sabotage my own efforts for fitness--I salute you!

Thursday, 08 April, 2010  
Blogger El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Sir, great work on the walking! I walk 3 to 4 km in the morning (six days a week), and I know I need to do more. And I do enjoy pizza; on my recent trip to the U.S. I managed to indulge in a couple of $5.55 specials...

Friday, 16 April, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home