The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, December 06, 2010

.
Taco Salad



It was a rough weekend all around for me. Flu is infecting the family. Vomit is everywhere. People are listless and cranky. I am the only one not sick, so I am responsible for the cleaning, and since no one else is eating, I am basically making my own food. Even though I *can* cook pretty damn well when I want to, my tastes for food this weekend were VERY repetitive, but delicious (to me anyway). Below is the basic design I have repeated every evening since Thursday:

For the past four days:

1. I have gotten a very large mixing bowl, and made myself a large "taco salad".
2. Basically, I crumbled up a bunch of corn chips.
3. Heated a half a can of jalapeno enhanced refried black beans.
4. Put on a large scoop of hummus.
5. Crumbled up 3 falafel patties.
6. I added a couple of scoops of sour cream.
7. Threw on half a can of black olives.
8. I diced one and a half HUGE Spanish onions.
9. I diced four tomatoes.
10. Topped it all with as much lettuce as I could fit heap onto the bowl.
11. I then added half a jar of slasa.
12. Finally I topped it with a sprinkling of cheese.

I then ate the whole thing... the whole damn thing. And every day I made it exactly the same way. I have eaten this four days in a row now, and if the rest of the family is still upchucking all over the place, I will clean up and probably eat the same thing again tonight. Just to set the record straight... the image above is NOT the taco salad I made... that puny, pitiful concoction wouldn't have filled a 1/3 of the 18 inch diameter bowl I used for my concoction.

I had initially thought today about writing about the more difficult hardship to befall me and the family this weekend, but I am not emotionally up to it at this time. Perhaps tomorrow I shall talk more about it, but basically, there has been the death of a close personal family friend and it has been very difficult.

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

It looks very good.

Tuesday, 07 December, 2010  
Blogger zirelda said...

It has never occurred to me to put hummus in taco salad.

Interesting combination.

Hope your family is better in both ways.

Sunday, 12 December, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home