The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

.
Purple Slurpee



Today is another one of those days that is hectic and frustrating from a work perspective and unfortunately from a home perspective. However, after a lot of talking with my wife, I think we have a good understanding of each other's perspectives now and that is at least a positive.

I miss feeling energetic and alive. I feel like I am becoming a worker drone again. I keep trying to find ways to alleviate these feelings. Some days I succeed and some days (like today) I fail. I tried so very hard today to find the right solution to a problem, yet was thwarted at every turn. Sometimes I do not know why I try.

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Have you ever tried telling your wife to just stop fucking making so much about her or you was kicking her ass out?

She can't be that damn great if she is always bringing you down. Especially if you are not getting all the nooky you want along the way.

I'd rather whack off than put up with that shit. It takes a pussy to keep putting up with a difficult woman, it takes a man to just whack off and move on so he hasn't got to deal with her shit.

Afraid of losing your home? Hell, I gave three of those away.

I WON'T MARRY AGAIN, I'LL JUST FIND A WOMAN I CAN'T GET ALONG WITH AND BUY HER A HOUSE.

Wednesday, 10 November, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

You fucking pussy, hehehehe

Wednesday, 10 November, 2010  
Blogger Jane said...

You keep trying because you care, and you want to succeed.....and you're not a quitter.....

Wednesday, 10 November, 2010  
Blogger Phil Ruse said...

I don't think you're alone in having had these feelings - though I'm not sure that helps!

I don't know whether it's wanting to succeed, fear of failure, (survivalist) instinct, a search for answers or plain old love (though it may not feel like it) that keeps people going.

...and if we knew the reason(s) why would we carry on or just give up?

Thursday, 11 November, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You appreciate all forms of comment on your writings. I don't, however. This was my first visit to your blog. The comments above from BBC are hostile. You are letting them stand. I don't care to enable this.

Goodbye.

Friday, 12 November, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home