The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 29, 2010

.
Please Help Me



This is a basic rendition of a prayer I have been saying in my mind a few times a day since Wednesday. I have lost/misplaced my portable drive with all my work on it. I recall last using it on Tuesday evening when I used it at home. I thought I put it in my satchel for work before heading to bed. I first noticed it missing around 10 am on Wednesday morning. With the Thanksgiving Holiday, I have not had much luck in finding it via normal circumstances (Campus Security was closed during the holiday):

God and St. Anthony:

I am wondering if you are instructing me on patience at this time. I am worried and fearful that my portable drive with all my work on it is lost. Please help me to find it or have it returned to me. Without this drive, I will be very far behind in my work and this will impact me significantly in other areas of my life as I work to catch up. Please help me.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger LM said...

I was going to suggest you pray to St. Anthony but saw that you are already praying to him. A prayer to your Mom and Dad, asking that they intercede on behalf of your intention, wouldn't hurt. Good luck, Professor.

Monday, 29 November, 2010  
Blogger muddleglum said...

Ouch!
No backup?

I do this type of thing to myself occasionally and have developed a sense of humor to laugh at my own anguish. We should know better.

Hope you find it, and thank you very much for reminding me that it is high time for me to back up my own portable drive.

Monday, 29 November, 2010  
Blogger Dirk said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

Monday, 29 November, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

Pray in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up. Why should a god care about your hard drive when said god doesn't give a rats ass that 30 women and kids die every day of starvation?

It will show up soon, or it won't, and if it doesn't it's not the end of the world anyway, you can't even see the end of the world from there.

We are but specks of dust.

And no, I won't fucking pray for you, I'm not that kind of a minister.

Monday, 29 November, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home