The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

.
NPR



Just a brief note that about the primary news source I currently receive my information about concerning the world. It is National Public Radio, which in addition to the New York Times and my regional newspaper make up 99% of the news and related information that I obtain. I have learned to avoid of the last 10 years or so the cable news services (CNN, Fox News, etc) because of their bombast, and for the last 5 years or so have grown to realize that our local/regional news channels have grown to adopt the "Maury Povich" school of sensationalized "journalism"... which is basically just pure crap.

This happens to be a common time for many NPR stations to seek member sponsorship. If you feel so inclined, consider sponsoring your own local NPR station. I know I have.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home